Hair, nails and the outer layer of your skin are all made of keratin, a family of fibrous, structural proteins. This Keratin protein makes your hair strong and lustrous. However, curly and textured hair lacks enough keratin, which results in dryness and frizz in hair. That's why keratin procedures for curly hair are so popular. There are also various kinds of treatments, some of which are more effective than others, as well as treatments that work better for different hair types and hair thicknesses.
In a keratin treatment, a professional simply apply the protein solution to your hair and strands and make them smooth and shiny. Injecting keratin into the porous areas of the hair follicle makes your hair instantly look healthier which is why it is all the rage now. But just keratin is not capable of taming frizz, we have to rely on formaldehyde in the formula to achieve it. By locking keratin chains together, this chemical results in straight hair that is left without any knots. Your hair is then blow-dried and flat-ironed after the product has been applied to the strands, taking care to avoid the scalp. The whole thing can take between 2 to 4 hours depending on your hair type. And this smooth-out lasts six months or longer depending on how you maintain your hair.
You may have heard a lot about keratin and might be itching to go to the salon and get it done. Per Rohit Anand Salon some of these signs below before opting for keratin
- When you feel you have frizzy hair that pops up after every hair wash.
- If your hair lacks moisture and does not sit down well.
- looks dull and limp.
- When you face difficulty in maintaining any hairstyle and have issues with managing it.
- When properly done, keratin treatment has a significant impact on your confidence as your hair is perfect at all times and is not a cause for worry.
- Your mane is nourished with protein, which is a solid nutrient, and hence this does not have any side effects. However, make sure you go to a properly skilled and trusted technician who understands the texture of your hair and facilitates the treatment accordingly.
- Your hair can be easily managed and transformed into different styles with ease. You do not have to pull out a hair straightener every time.
- Keratin treatment insulates your hair against all weather conditions. You no longer have to worry about humidity, frizz, breakage, or dullness. Keratin has got you covered.
- Keratin-treated hair can be easily managed and does not require too much maintenance. You only need to ensure you are using sulfate-free products which help maintain and improve the mileage of your keratin treatment.
There are 2 ways to achieve a glossy look. One is when at home keratin treatment while the other is at the salon. A hair stylist will encourage you to visit a professional because experts will match the strength of the formula to your hair's needs, and help you set expectations. Unlike the one-size-fits-all formulas, which likely won't be as effective or long-lasting. Keratin treatment has different chemical levels that range from mild to strong.
Immediate steps -
Hair that has been treated with keratin must not come in contact with water for at least 3 days. This defines how it will be for the rest of the period and hence would be best to wear a shower cap when you come in contact with water.
Invest in good shampoo: -
Do not opt for shampoos with sodium chloride and sulfate. You have to get a shampoo that is sulfate free, so it can retain the sheen of your hair for a while. A good stylist will naturally consult you on this and provide a suitable recommendation.
Avoid too many hair washes: -
Yes, you heard it right. Avoid using too much shampooing as it would have a detrimental effect on your treated hair. The protein gets washed away over time but if you shampoo more than twice a week, you would be fastening the process. Dry shampoo is a smart alternative that can help you circumvent the situation.
Leave-in conditioner: -
Conditioners protect the keratin treatment so you can start including a leave-in conditioner in your hair care regime and you will see a noticeable difference. A stylist will be happy to assist you with this as well.
Let it free: -
Do not tie your hair for the first couple of days as it will hurt the keratin treatment which just set into your hair. Give it some time, before you start playing around with it.
Invest in a soft pillow: -
Most people sleep on hard pillows without understanding the effect it can have on your mane. Invest in your soft skill pillow and you can see wonders. Hair fall would reduce and the keratin would also be protected from eroding due to friction.
All Rights Reserved © Rohit Anand Salon